- This event has passed.
May 18, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 5:40 pm
The Free Market Road Show London is a joint initiative with the Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe.
The ACRE is recognised and partially funded by the European Parliament. The views expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect those of the European Parliament. The European Parliament cannot be held liable.
On May 18th with the help of Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom we will welcome Free Market Road Show, a joint project of the Austrian Economics Center, Liberty Fund, Global Philanthropic Trust, European Students for Liberty, F.A. v. Hayek Institut and many other organizations, in Kyiv.
For ten years already FMRS has been bringing together the most prominent economists, politicians and entrepreneurs to exchange their thoughts on the most important economic issues and ways to resolve them. This year’s tour across Europe and the Caucasus will be devoted to discussing the aftermath of two historic events, namely, Great Britain’s decision to leave the European Union and the election of Donald J. Trump as the President of the United States of America. Also, we will talk about the economic situation in Ukraine.
We will open the event with a Partnership Fair for our partners and like-minded people who will get a chance to present their organizations, projects and programs to our guests. We would like to offer you to bring your stand, roll-up, handouts, books and any other promotional materials. The Fair will start at 10 am.
Join us at our festival of freedom!
9:30 – 10:00
Speed networking session
10:00 – 10:45
Moderated by Yuliya Tychkivska (Co-founder of BFMC)
Participants: СES, Case Ukraine, EasyBusiness, Reed, Austrian Economics Center, European/Ukrainian Students for Liberty, FNF, KSE, Osvitoria, WNISEF, Нова країна, VoxConnector
Opening and Welcome
10:45 – 11:10
- Florian Kohlfürst (Representative of the Austrian Ambassador to Ukraine) | Download speech
- Miriam Kosmel (Friedrich Naumann Foundation)
- Barbara Kolm (President of the Friedrich A. v. Hayek Institute and Director of the Austrian Economics Center)
Panel 1 – 5 Big Ideas for the Better Ukraine
Time: 11:10 – 12:40
Moderator: Volodymyr Fedoryn (Director of BFMC)
- Marian Zablotsky (Wiki-Permit)
- Hlib Vyshlinsky (Free movement of capital)
- Dmytro Boyarchuk (Reverse mortgages)
- Yuliya Tychkivska (Education reform)
- Olexiy Mushak (Land reform)
Questions & Answers
12:40 – 14:00
Hard talk. How can business help Ukraine on its way to more economic freedom?
14:00 – 14:40
Participants: Nataliya Mykolska, Viacheslav Klymov, Yuriy Kosyuk
Panel 2 – Ukrainian Culture and the Idea of Freedom
Time: 14:40 – 16:00
Moderator: Tetyana Danylenko (TV Anchor)
- Andrij Bondar (Writer)
- Serhiy Proskurniam (Producer)
- Mykola Yakovyna (Artist and architect)
- Olexiy Nikitin (Novelist)
- Oleksandr Irvanets (Writer)
16:00 – 16:20
Key note speech
16:20 – 16:40
Ivan Miklos (Prominent Slovak reformer)
Panel 2 – World After Brexit and Trump
Time: 16:40 – 17:40
Moderator: Federico Fernández (Senior Fellow, Austrian Economics Center)
- John Fund (National Affairs columnist and on-air analyst on the Fox News Channel)
- Richard Rahn (Chairman of Improbable Success Productions and the Institute for Global Economic Growth)
- Daniel Kaddik (Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, South East Europe Office)
- Michael Jäger (Secretary General of the Taxpayers Association of Europe and CEO of the European Economic Senate)
- Alfred F. Praus (Entrepreneur and President of the Ukrainian-Austrian Association)
- James Sproule (Chief Economist and Director of Policy, Institute of Directors)
17:20 – 17:40
Oleksandr Danylyuk (the Minister of Finance of Ukraine)